|ACS develops smart card operating systems (COS) as intellectual property. ACOS1, unlocks the potential of smart cards, enabling a single smart card to support applications as diverse as loyalty, parking, network access control, transport, telephone and electronic purse.
ACOS1 smart card is specifically designed for highly secure payment applications. With this high security feature, ACOS1 is particularly suitable for applications such as network access control, electronic purse and multitude of other applications that stress high security.
ACOS1 smart card is known among smart card system developers that it is secure but is easy to use. The design is often said to be 'secure and elegant'.
|ACOS1 Smart Card 8k features|
|ACOS1 smart card security features||
- Digital Encryption Standard (DES) -- Ciphering is used in this mode of protection, which is like translating the information into some unknown foreign language, so the stored information can be transmitted confidentially. Simple DES or Triple DES versions are both available.
- Message Authentication Capability (MAC) -- This is based on the exchange and mutual verification of secret passwords [keys]
between the card and the card-accepting device. The whole
verification process is done within the device and information is
never transmitted outside during the process, making eavesdropping
- Enforced Message Authentication with random numbers and
dedicated key pair.
- Continuous system integrity checks guarding against attempted
- Five secret codes + Issuer Code + Pin to selectively enable
access to data stored in smart card and to features and functions
provided by the card e.g. the READ and WRITE commands.
- Account Transaction Processing (ATP) provides dedicated data
structure for payment applications with CREDIT, DEBIT, INQUIRE
ACCOUNT commands for secure transaction processing.
- Smart Card is Compliant with ISO 7816-1/2/3, T=0 –
- Issuer definable file structure for convenient and efficient
- Users can choose single DES or triple DES for encryption